Workshop: Keeping your Land Productive Through Conservation Easements
Event Date: Sept. 24, 2014
9:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Austin Cary Learning Center
10625 NE Waldo Rd, Gainesville, FL 32609
Join the Conservation Trust for Florida, the Forest Stewardship Program & Florida Society of American Forests – Suwannee Chapter to see how you can produce and harvest timber and agricultural crops with a conservation easement.
Join us to learn the benefits of conservation easements and other tools to keep land in agriculture, forestry and/or conservation. This workshop will cover the function of land trusts, how conservation easements work, how landowners can benefit, available technical and financial assistance, and alternatives for successional planning.
$15 fee, lunch and materials included.
Reserve a space at http://fsp-workshop092414.eventbrite.com/ or by contacting Lyndall Brezina, (352)375-1473, Lyndall@columbiatimber.com. Pay at the door with check payable to Florida Society of American Foresters.
This workshop has been approved for 4 Category 1 Society of American Foresters CFEs (Continuing Forestry Education).
- 9:30 am – Sign-in, meet & greet
- 10:00 am – Welcome and Introduction: Land Trusts and Conservation Easements for Working Lands, Jib Davidson, Columbia Timber and Environmental Services & United Country
- 10:15 am – Land Trusts 101, Keith Fountain, Conservation Trust for Florida
- 10:45 am – Conservation Easements 101, Charlie Houder, Natural Resource Planning Services and Saunders Real Estate
- 11:30 am – Appraisals for Conservation Easements, Zac E. Ryan
- 12:00 pm Lunch (Suwannee Chapter SAF business and announcements at 12:30 pm)
- 12:45 pm– Donation vs. Sale of an Easement, Keith Fountain
- 1:15 pm – Tax Benefits of Conservation Easements, Jib Davidson
- 1:45 pm – Technical and Financial Assistance Programs for Conservation and Ecosystem Services, Chris Demers, UF/IFAS School of Forest Resources and Conservation and Charlie Houder
- 2:30 pm – Panel Discussion, all